Subjectfs corruption recovery?
Hi,

I install and used 2.4.17 for about a week before my filesystem
corrupted. I've tried 'fsck -a' but it complains that there was no
valid superblock found.

Are there any tools or techniques that will recover data from the
corrupted filesystem even if there isn't a valid superblock? Or is
there a way to write a temporary superblock so I can access the
information on the disk?

Lastly, if all else fails I'm going to try sending the drive one of
those 'file recovery companies'. Does anyone have a recommendation for
a particular company? I'm guessing that there'll be a few that wouldn't
know what to do with a ext3 partition.

thanks,
-Kervin

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans