    Subjectfs corruption recovery?

    I install and used 2.4.17 for about a week before my filesystem
    corrupted. I've tried 'fsck -a' but it complains that there was no
    valid superblock found.

    Are there any tools or techniques that will recover data from the
    corrupted filesystem even if there isn't a valid superblock? Or is
    there a way to write a temporary superblock so I can access the
    information on the disk?

    Lastly, if all else fails I'm going to try sending the drive one of
    those 'file recovery companies'. Does anyone have a recommendation for
    a particular company? I'm guessing that there'll be a few that wouldn't
    know what to do with a ext3 partition.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.019 / U:363.748 seconds]