    SubjectX and console paralell
    * Mark Vojkovich <>:

    | > Plugging extra USB keyboard and mouse would solve the
    | > problem, and I would be able to run X and console
    | > simultanously?
    | No, both the console and X need a VT. As far as I can tell
    | Linux only lets you have one VT active at any time. You can
    | have a different mouse and keyboard used by the console and
    | by X (in theory at least), but I don't think that solves the
    | mutual exclusivity of VTs.
    | Some people may have kernel hacks to allow this sort of
    | thing, but I haven't been keeping track of this stuff. It's
    | not an area that I've been involved in.

    Any idea? Basically I would like to run 2 monitor, one for X
    and one for console paralell, with 1 keyboard/mouse.
    Switching between them like with one monitor, but when no
    work on the one, I would like to keep the signal on the
    unused monitor, eg I would like to see the (not blank) screen.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.021 / U:80.224 seconds]