SubjectRe: [announce] [patch] ultra-scalable O(1) SMP and UP scheduler
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, David Lang wrote:
>
> > Ingo,
> > back in the 2.4.4-2.4.5 days when we experimented with the
> > child-runs-first scheduling patch we ran into quite a few programs that
> > died or locked up due to this. (I had a couple myself and heard of others)
>
> hm, Andrea said that the only serious issue was in the sysvinit code,
> which should be fixed in any recent distro. Andrea?

I remember running into problems with some user apps (not lockups, but the
apps failed) on my 2x400MHz pentium box. I specificly remember the Citrix
client hanging, but I think there were others as well.

I'll try and get a chance to try your patch in the next couple days.

David Lang

> > try switching this back to the current behaviour and
see if the > > lockups still happen.

> there must be some other bug as well, the child-runs-first scheduling can
> cause lockups, but it shouldnt cause oopes.
>
> Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.108 / U:1.732 seconds]