SubjectRe: Two hdds on one channel - why so slow?
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:52:31 -0500 (EST)
Mark Hahn <hahn@physics.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> my goodness; it's been so long since l-k saw this traditional sport!
> nothing much has changed in the intrim: SCSI still costs 2-3x as much,
> and still offers the same,

Hm, maybe this is an interesting story for you:

indeed SCSI costs more, but across vendors there is not much of a difference in
SCSI-pricing. So you do it intelligent, buy brand names that have 5 years
warranty. If you really use the drives, they will fail within warranty, and you
get the _original_ price back (because in 4 years or so, a replacement is
impossible because the models are all gone). For this money you go ahead and
buy a new one (which is of course state-of-the-art), but no new investment at
all. With IDE you are busted, because no vendor has any warranty lasting long
enough. Don't try to argue that this is unfair comparison, warranty counts.
Don't tell me this is not going to work, because it _does_.

Your price argument is _zero_ for anyone knowing the market.

Regards,
Stephan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.218 / U:0.164 seconds]