SubjectRe: PATCH 2.5.2.7: io.h cleanup and userspace nudge
Jeff Garzik writes:
> Dave Jones wrote:

> > > I thought about it, but then the tree would be littered with that all
> > > over the place. Programmers are smart enough to figure this out (I hope
> > > :))
> >
> > I doubt you'd need it in that many places. A few well chosen ones should
> > probably suffice.
>
> oh, if Linus would apply it, I would love to see the above code in
> asm/types.h or linux/kernel.h or similarly popular headers.
>
> But... my patch is merely a small step, a "nudge" as I mentioned. I
> don't want to annhilate the glibc developers with a sudden task, just a
> nudge :)

Please test this change on a libc5 system before unleashing a
potential horror. All the world *is not* glibc!

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.074 / U:1.648 seconds]