---------  Received message begins Here  ---------
> On January 30, 2002 11:39 pm, Jesse Pollard wrote:
> > Linus has announced who he accepts patches frin, and who will be doing the
> > 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 maintenance. It would seem logical to have those
> > lieutenants announce their maintainers.
> Logical flaw: Marcelo is the maintainer of 2.4, Linus is the maintainer of
> 2.5, does it make sense for Marcelo to announce the maintainer of usb for
> 2.4?
> It's not as simple as you'd think. Reason: it's not a tree, it's an
> acyclic graph. Hopefully. ;-)

Actually, it does make sense - It still doesn't prevent someone from
announcing a higher level person for a subsystem, or even a person at
the same level.

Announcements shouldn't be rigid, it's up to who the lieutenants will
accept patches from. They can still accept them from outside the announced
lists, though that may increase the amount of effort.

Jesse I Pollard, II