    SubjectRe: A modest proposal -- We need a patch tracking system.
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Kervin Pierre <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Public patch tracking system/queue, maybe something derived from bugzilla.
    > (i) patches are sent to the maintainer and entered into the system.
    > (ii) reviewed patches are update appropriately, eg. ( "reject - untidy,
    > please fix", "accept - expected version 2.4.18pre19" etc. )
    > (iii) patch versions, updates can be kept, as in mozilla's bugzilla
    > site. And comments on that patch can also be kept right along side the
    > code.
    > Regardless of wether the current system is changed or not, the linux
    > kernel would benefit from a central, searchable, public repository of
    > patches.
    > The code is available, bugzilla has all this functionality today.
    > So here's hoping for a :)

    If Linus et al signs on to the idea, I'm sure we can build it...

    <> at work, <> in private!
    "Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.040 / U:0.224 seconds]