    SubjectRe: A modest proposal -- We need a patch tracking system.
    Date
    Followup to:  <3C573428.3000404@fit.edu>
    By author: Kervin Pierre <kpierre@fit.edu>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > Public patch tracking system/queue, maybe something derived from bugzilla.
    >
    > (i) patches are sent to the maintainer and entered into the system.
    >
    > (ii) reviewed patches are update appropriately, eg. ( "reject - untidy,
    > please fix", "accept - expected version 2.4.18pre19" etc. )
    >
    > (iii) patch versions, updates can be kept, as in mozilla's bugzilla
    > site. And comments on that patch can also be kept right along side the
    > code.
    >
    > Regardless of wether the current system is changed or not, the linux
    > kernel would benefit from a central, searchable, public repository of
    > patches.
    >
    > The code is available, bugzilla has all this functionality today.
    >
    > So here's hoping for a patchzilla.kernel.org :)

    If Linus et al signs on to the idea, I'm sure we can build it...

    -hpa
    http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <amsp@zytor.com>