    On January 31, 2002 06:32 am, Rob Landley wrote:
    > On Wednesday 30 January 2002 10:40 pm, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > > Rob Landley apparently wrote:
    > > > I expect it will all get worked out eventually. Now that the secret of
    > > > the difference between maintainers and lieutenants is out.
    > >
    > > By the way, that never was a secret to anybody in active development.
    > I.E. the people who knew it knew it, and hence never noticed the problem...
    > There are, however, some people writing largeish bits of code that did not in
    > fact seem to know it. Andre Hedrick's IDE work, Eric Raymond with the help
    > files and CML2, Kieth Owens' new build process...

    They all know who the lieutenants are, I can assure you.

    > Maybe it was even a factor in Alan Cox burning out (you'd have to ask him
    > about that)...

    Whatever gave you the idea that Alan is burnt out?

    A observation: before proposing how we should fix the Linux development
    process, perhaps you should have studied it enough to know how it works,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:16    [W:0.020 / U:2.396 seconds]