SubjectRe: Current Reiserfs Update / 2.5.2-dj7 Oops
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:40:11 +0100
Dave Jones <davej@suse.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:09:05PM +0300, Oleg Drokin wrote:
>
> > I can reproduce this problem on IDE only.
> > Hm, may be this is IDE corruption thing, Andre Hendrick spoke about,
> > or was it fixed already?
> > I am looking into it anyway.
>
> There were no IDE changes in my tree recently, and its strange
> that this only shows up in reiserfs since the new set of patches
> went in. I've no reports from users of other filesystems with any
> problems, so I'm suspecting a rogue change in your last update.
>
> Finding a common factor seems tricky, as it works flawlessly here
> on IDE [*], but dies instantly for others.

OK here are some facts ;)
I run hdparm but only after syslogd... so hdparm isn't the bad boy
I have 3 partitions. Two reiserfs partitions, one mounted on /, one on /home
One ext2 /boot partition
The oops happens in 3 of 4 tests on syslogd. Only devfsd is loaded before it.
The other time it happens when loading proftpd. This is one of the last processes I started by the boot scripts

It happens with the IDE layer version as in the dj tree and with acb-io-2.5.3-p2.01212002 update (why haven't you included this in your tree, Dave?)
I have really no idea the oops comes from

Bye

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.115 / U:0.192 seconds]