    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>:
    > Not at all - that's what up2date is for. If I want something newer than the
    > latest certified erratum release from some vendor with a clue, then I
    > probably ought to know what I'm doing.

    OK. There are enough real barriers tere. Why leave artificial ones in place?

    > Making it _easier_ for Aunt Tillie to install something like 2.4.10 is not
    > necessarily doing her a favour.

    But making it unnecessarily harder is *certainly* not a favor.

    Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence
    of the improbable...A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or
    never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a
    mere ass: he is actually ill. -- H. L. Mencken