Rob Landley wrote:
> Patch Penguin Proposal.

Ok, I mailed Rob privately in support of this; now I'm saying it
publicly: I support this. (And I thought it well written.)

I've submitted small patches for things as I have gotten the chance. I
submitted those to Alan because they were small fixes. He gave feedback
(Thanks Alan!) and I tried to fix things better. He took care of
feeding Linus--something I'm not in a possition to do.
I believe we need a patch-penguin or something similar. Linus wants
subsystem maintainers... maybe make an official bugfix-maintainer?
Whoever it is needs to be officially recognized by Linus and probably
featured on /. or something so people who create those 3-4 line patches
that fix a bug that bit them will know not to mail Linus.

(Returning to the shadows where I belong... ;) )

Eli
--------------------. Real Users find the one combination of bizarre
Eli Carter \ input values that shuts down the system for days.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.516 / U:1.316 seconds]