    On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:33:03PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
    > > Yes, we should cc our patches to a patchbot:
    > >
    > > patches-2.5@kernel.org -> goes to linus
    > > patches-2.4@kernel.org -> goes to marcello
    > > patches-usb@kernel.org -> goes to gregkh, regardless of 2.4/2.5
    > > etc.
    > >
    > > The vast sea of eyeballs will do the rest. A web interface would be a nice
    > > bonus, but 'patch sent and seen to be sent, to whom, when, what, why' is
    > > the essential ingredient.
    >
    > And of course there's not much point in having patches go to that list that
    > AREN'T public

    If mail sent to the above addresses is not public somehow, the idea
    is a non-starter.

    > Of course this still doesn't address the problem of patches going stale if
    > they're not applied for a version or two and something else that goes in
    > breaks them...

    If you really want to be a patch penguin then.... just do it.

    You don't need specific permission to pick up, update, and maintain
    patches that don't make it into the Linus tree on the first try.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.055 / U:1.272 seconds]