On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Nathan Scott wrote:

> Al had several (additional) issues with the original patch, but I
> think we progressively worked through them - Al stopped suggesting
> changes at one point anyway, and the level of abuse died away ;),
> so I guess he became more satisfied with them.

I think you can safely assume that if Al doesn't curse you to hell, he can
be considered happy.

> Not much point apportioning blame - its as much my fault - I
> hadn't heard back from you at all since day 1, so figured you
> were just not interested in this stuff, so I stopped sending.

Basically, you should always consider email to me to be a unreliable
medium, with no explicit congestion control. So think of an email like a
TCP packet, with exponential backoff - except the times are different (in
TCP, the initial timeout is three seconds, and the max timeout is 2
minutes. In "Linus-lossy-network" it makes sense to use different
default and maximum values ;)

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.259 / U:0.216 seconds]