    SubjectISA PNP sound card not detected

    I hope I'm not wasting your time and I report a kernel bug for sb.0 module.

    I have a Radio Max (Zoltrix RSS 58800 ) sound card for ISA slot. Under
    Linux I used it with Red Hat 6.0 and 7.0 (kernels 2.2.5-15 and 2.2.16)
    which worked almost fine (except the well known fact that SoundBlaster
    under Linux is supported only on 8bits, Mad16 module didn't worked and was
    silent until booted with loadlin). I used the pnpdump and isapnp to
    configure it and the sb.o module (with module dependencies sound,
    soundelow, soundcore, uart401), and opl30sa for midi.
    I installed Red Hat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.10) and although
    isapnp initializes the sound card I can't insert module sb.o; dependencies
    sound.0, uart401.o and sb_lib.o are satisfied, but when i try insmod sb.o I
    get a message like wrong irq or io.
    I tried
    "modprobe sb.0 irq=5 io=0x220 ( dma=0 )" which are correct values and I get
    the message can't find ISA pnp card, no such device; dmesg | tail shows the
    same message. Same result with sndconfig tool - there is no ISA pnp card
    Why isapnp initializes the card but then the kernel can't see it?

    I checked /proc files, there are not in use irq5, dma0 and io0x220 which is
    normally because sb.o is not present.

    System configuration:

    Pentium 200MMX, Acorp MB with Intds,
    Adrian Partenie

    K Free E-mail
    by KappaNet

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.024 / U:5.600 seconds]