SubjectRe: IRQ routing conflict
Date
On Wednesday 23 January 2002 05:58 am, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> My new laptop is mostly working, but I can't get my sound card to
> produce a sound. I'm suspecting that the sound driver is not receiving
> interrupts. I can hear the clicking when the driver is loaded -- and I
> have used aumix to set the volume. Both ALSA and OSS (commercial) fail
> the same way.

I've got a Dell Inspiron 3500 where the sound works fine on the first boot
but the IRQ gets lost after an APM suspend, and even unloading/reloading the
module doesn't help. (The I/O addresses are still valid, but it gets no IRQ.
KDE has no sound, from the command line it loops playing the same segment
over and over complaining about timeouts...)

It's been doing this for a year. I've mentioned it here a few times before.
I've played around with setpci and such, but haven't been able to fix it. I
just reboot when I want sound. The bios sets it up right (on a cold boot,
not returning from APM). Linux (even 2.4.17) does not.

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.049 / U:0.188 seconds]