SubjectRe: White Paper on the Linux kernel VM?
On 23 Jan 2002 info@global-digicom.com wrote:

> I am interested in reviewing the technical specifications on the Linux
> kernel VM. As there has been much controversy of late on this subject,
> it would be relevant to compare the concepts behind both the former VM
> and the new VM in order to obtain a better understanding of the
> issues. Is there a “white paper” available on both the old and the
> new VM’s? Understandably, the VM is a work in progress; however,
> there should be a basic set of design goals and concepts from which
> future development will proceed. It would definitely be helpful to
> present them both as an aid to further analysis.

I made a paper about the old VM in the 2.4 kernels, with some
overview of its shortcomings and what needs to be fixed.

This paper was made for last year's USENIX in Boston, you can
get it from my home page:

http://surriel.com/lectures/

regards,

Rik
--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
-- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document