    SubjectRe: Possible Idea with filesystem buffering.
    On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Chris Mason wrote:

    > It seems like the basic features we are suggesting are very close, I'll try
    > one last time to make a case against the 'free_some_pages' call ;-)

    > The FS doesn't know how long a page has been dirty, or how often it
    > gets used,

    In an efficient system, the FS will never get to know this, either.

    The whole idea behind the VFS and the VM is that calls to the FS
    are avoided as much as possible, in order to keep the system fast.

    regards,

    Rik
    --
    "Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
    -- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document