    SubjectRe: Calling EISA experts
    Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>:
    > > Minimal approach: Register motherboard EISA ID (i.e. slot zero) ports in
    > > /proc/ioports. Works on all kernel versions. See $0.02 patch below.
    > >
    > > This is probably the least intrusive way to get what you want. It doesn't
    > > add Yet Another Proc File, and costs zero bloat to the 99.9% of us who
    > > have a better chance of meeting Aunt Tillie than an EISA box.
    > >
    > > Possible alternative: Create something like /proc/bus/eisa/devices which
    > > lists the EISA ID (e.g. abc0123) found in each EISA slot. This might
    > > have been worthwhile some 8 years ago, but now? ....
    >
    > Actually, "lsescd" should list the EISA (and ISAPNP) configuration data,
    > which includes EISA id, etc.

    I do not find this command on my RH7.2 system. Can you tell me more about it?

    I like the /proc/ioports approach and agree that /proc/bus/eisa/ seems like
    overkill at this late date.

    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
    contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
    spinal cord would fully suffice.
    -- Albert Einstein