SubjectRe: Athlon PSE/AGP Bug
From
Hi.

From: Greg <greg@performancemagic.com>
Subject: Re: Athlon PSE/AGP Bug
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:52:49 +1300

> Just my 2c,
>
> but is it a fault in AMDs chip or a fault in a
> mother board/agp version/chipset ??
>
> There seems to be a number of people who have no problems on various video
> cards and a number of people who have problems with various video cards, etc,
> etc. Which is kinda leading me to go 'huh' and look puzzled because it is not
> constant. This is why I thought there must by something else common to the
> h/w of the people who are having problems.

A broken power-supply (or ram?) or maybe a neighbor using a
circular-saw or a power-drill in a house with a far from perfect
wireing? ;-) I had also no crashes on an Athlon 600/XP1700+ on
Irongate/SiS735 using a Matrox MGA 450 ...

> if nothing comes out from Daniel:
> >Thankfully, the guessing will (hopefully) soon be over. AMD will be
> >calling me tomorrow at 3PM MST. They've reached a conclusion as to
> >what's going on, and I'll post the AMD's official word on gentoo.org as
> >soon as I get it.
>
> maybe a look into these other areas is in order?
>
> cheers
> - --
> Greg
> Wellington
> New Zealand
>
> # Even the most secure OS is
> # useless in the hands of an
> # incompetent admin.

k33p h4ck1n6
René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe@gmx.net
rene@rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.871 / U:0.436 seconds]