SubjectRe: Athlon PSE/AGP Bug
Date
Yep, that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I had a floppy with memtest86 installed on it, and it ran for 4 hours
without any errors. Since I've seen memtest86 find bad bits on memory
modules
that normally worked for me, I figured that this must surely indicate
that my segfaults are not related to bad memory subsystem.

Also, while I expect setting the command line option
mem=nopentium
would slow things down slightly, I don't think that they'd be so slow
as to hide the bad memory. Also, the segfaults happen VERY reliably
without the mem=nopentium option, and have not happened even once,
WITH the mem=nopentium option.

One more curious thing is, I've got 64MB GForce-2 MX, and the largest
I can set my AGP aparature size to is 64MB. Maybe a boundary
condition thing???