SubjectRe: vm philosophising
Why don't we all follow the MSCommit method of VM? We simply allocate 99%
of physical RAM for cache and other non-userspace purposes, and whenever an
application needs memory, pop up a message:
printk("Your system is out of virtual memory. Linux is increasing
your virtual memory size. During this time, memory allocation requests may

Then spend a few minutes doing hard disk I/O, while exposing bugs in
programs that don't check to make sure that malloc succeeded.

Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE