    SubjectRe: vm philosophising
    Why don't we all follow the MSCommit method of VM? We simply allocate 99%
    of physical RAM for cache and other non-userspace purposes, and whenever an
    application needs memory, pop up a message:
    printk("Your system is out of virtual memory. Linux is increasing
    your virtual memory size. During this time, memory allocation requests may

    Then spend a few minutes doing hard disk I/O, while exposing bugs in
    programs that don't check to make sure that malloc succeeded.

    Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.020 / U:35.236 seconds]