    SubjectRe: Possible Idea with filesystem buffering.

    My worry is this. If we have different filesystems having their own page
    buffer/caching daemons we'll definately introduce race conditions.

    Say have 2 hard drives with ReiserFS and EXT3 and im copying data between
    the two and each of them has their own daemons its going to get pretty
    messy no?

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Shawn Starr wrote:
    >
    > > But why should each filesystem have to have a different method of
    > > buffering/caching? that just doesn't fit the layered model of the
    > > kernel IMHO.
    >
    > I think Hans will give up the idea once he realises the
    > performance implications. ;)
    >
    > Rik
    > --
    > "Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
    > -- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document
    >
    > http://www.surriel.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.037 / U:90.068 seconds]