    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    Dave Jones <davej@suse.de>:
    > Go down the DMI path, and get it right _sometimes_, or take a zero.
    > Getting it right sometimes is likely to do more harm than good.

    Not in this case. If the DMI read fails, the worst-case result is the
    user sees some ISA extra questions.

    > Crap. I'm implying that there should be a learning curve to everything
    > no matter how small it may be. You're trying to remove the curve
    > altogether.

    Damn straight. Not that I think that's necessarily 100% achievable, but
    it's the right way to aim.

    > And write a book perchance ? SCNR 8-)

    It's happened before... :-)

    No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession
    of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.
    -- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775