    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    > Consider the lives of people administering large server farms or clusters.
    > Their hardware is not necessarily homogenous, and the ability to query the DMI
    > tables on the fly could be useful both for administration and automatic
    > process migration.

    I considered it. If you take the base DMI table scanner you can trivially
    write a setuid app that simply outputs the DMI table block to fd 1. You
    can validate that app is secure, takes no arguments etc.

    On that basis it doesnt need the kernel involved

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.020 / U:35.144 seconds]