SubjectRe: Tulip driver bug in 2.4.17 (fwd)
On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Ben Greear wrote:

> David Lang wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Ben Greear wrote:
> >

> >>You're not using a PCI extender/riser card, are you?
> >>

> > Yes, (it's in a 2u rackmount case). it's a low right-angle extender
>

> You're screwed :)
>
> It seems to be a hardware/PCI problem. I replaced 4-port NICS (the DFE-570-TX),
> motherboards, cpus, entire chassis...the problem followed the riser cards.

then why does the same card work properly with the old driver? if it's
truely a hardware problem then all versions of the driver should fail. if
it's possible for one version to work around the problem (or avoid
triggering it) then other versions should be able to.