SubjectRe: Calling EISA experts
Dave Jones <davej@suse.de>:
> > > Not afaik. I'm tempted to hack support for it into driverfs.
> > The EISA_bus global variable indicates presence...
>
> *nod*, though you can almost guarantee this isn't what Eric wants.
> I'm assuming he wants something a'la /proc/pci

Bingo. I've got reliable /proc tests for ISAPNP, PCI, and MCA. Previous
discussion indicates I can't get one for ISA classic. An EISA test would,
as ever, allow me to cut the number of questions about ancient dead
hardware that users have to see.

The biggest hypocrites on gun control are those who live in upscale
developments with armed security guards -- and who want to keep other
people from having guns to defend themselves. But what about
lower-income people living in high-crime, inner city neighborhoods?
Should such people be kept unarmed and helpless, so that limousine
liberals can 'make a statement' by adding to the thousands of gun laws
already on the books?"
--Thomas Sowell

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.123 / U:5.192 seconds]