SubjectKDE hang with 2.4.18-pre3-ac2
I got an interesting symptom on the first machine I tried using the new
-ac2 kernel. The KDE bar wouldn't launch any applications. The rest of the
system was running just fine, applications running, `sessions' starting
connections to various machines, mail going along, but KDE just didn't
start apps, with no errors.

After reboot all was fine, restarting KDE didn't change anything.

I mention this only as something people might shrug off otherwise, but
this KDE hasn't done that, and it's an old one from Slack7.0. Can't
replicate otherwise, this is not a bug report proper or not, just
something to notice. If restarting KDE fixed it I'd say it was a KDE bug,
but it didn't.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc