    SubjectRe: CML2-2.1.3 is available
    Peter Samuelson <peter@cadcamlab.org>:
    > > The version I just released does exactly that. Well, not exactly; it
    > > actually looks at fstab -- /proc/mounts gives you '/dev/root' rather
    > > than a physical device name in the root entry.
    >
    > /etc/fstab is hardly guaranteed to be accurate either. The kernel
    > mounts the root device based on its command line and any pivot_root()
    > calls you make, not based on /etc/fstab.
    >
    > [In practice, I imagine most people don't lie to fstab. The fsck init
    > script would get annoyed.]

    Agreed. The root device getting overridden by either of these means
    is well into the territory an autoconfigurator cannot be reasonably
    expected to cover.

    Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence
    of the improbable...A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or
    never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a
    mere ass: he is actually ill. -- H. L. Mencken