    SubjectRe: CML2-2.1.3 is available
    Horst von Brand <brand@jupiter.cs.uni-dortmund.de>:
    > > Release 2.1.3: Tue Jan 15 14:41:45 EST 2002
    > > * Resync with 2.4.18-pre3 and 2.5.2.
    > > * It is now possible to declare explicit saveability predicates.
    > > * The `vitality' flag is gone from the language. Instead, the
    > > autoprober detects the type of your root filesystem and forces
    > > its symbol to Y.
    >
    > Great! Now I can't configure a kernel for ext3 only on an ext2 box. Keep it
    > up! As it goes, we can safely forget about CML2...

    Oh, nonsense. You can do this just fine with any of the manual configurators.
    Now repeat after me, Horst:

    The autoconfigurator is *optional*, not required.

    The autoconfigurator is *optional*, not required.

    The autoconfigurator is *optional*, not required.

    The autoconfigurator is *optional*, not required.

    The autoconfigurator is *optional*, not required.

    : : : : :

    Please continue until insight penetrates your skull. Thank you.

    accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
    orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
    pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
    die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:5.651 / U:0.128 seconds]