    SubjectRe: Aunt Tillie builds a kernel (was Re: ISA hardware discovery -- the elegant solution)
    Alex Bligh - linux-kernel <linux-kernel@alex.org.uk> said:
    > Eric: I think you'd be far better off trying to identify the
    > machine (and hence get a working .config) rather than the
    > hardware.

    I've seen machines bought from the very same batch with _completely_
    different innards. BTW, around in Chile you mostly get some store-build
    machine, for years all in the same box with the same logo outside. Good
    luck at finding CornerStoreComputer on your database... and if you do, may
    it help find out which mobo was the cheapest around when it was built.
    --
    Horst von Brand http://counter.li.org # 22616