SubjectRe: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable
Date
On January 15, 2002 06:26 am, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > than the task's float, the completion time of the schedule as a whole will be
> > delayed. This is no different for a computer than it is for a group of
> > people, it is still a scheduling problem. Delaying any random task risks
>
> it is quite different. with computers, there are often STRONG benefits
> to clustering, batching, chunking, piggybacking, whatever you want to call it.

It's no different.

> it's simply not the case that eager scheduling is always optimal.

Correct, however as far as simple, useful heuristics goes, it's not so easy
to beat. Note that I did mention resource limitations.

"For project schedules 'earlist completion' is the name of the
game, within bounds of available resources."

--
Daniel