SubjectRe: Penelope builds a kernel
Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@redhat.com>:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 05:38:54PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > Point out one and I'll fix it. I'm not satisfied that you have
> > understood what fetchmail is doing yet.
>
> Really? Why am I the one receiving bounces from FETCHMAIL-DAEMON
> when subscribers to mailing lists misconfigure their boxes?

Because fetchmail is doing the same thing any other MTA would do in that
situation -- throwing up its hands, because it doesn't have and can't get
the information to compensate for the misconfiguration.

If you have some magic patch to fix this, I'll take it. If you have
nothing constructive to contribute, please take your venom elsewhere.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice.
-- Albert Einstein