SubjectRe: Aunt Tillie builds a kernel (was Re: ISA hardware discovery -- the elegant solution)
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:34:23 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Therefore I try to stay focused on Aunt Tillie even though I know
> that you are objectively correct and her class of user is likely
> not to build kernels regularly for some years yet.

Change that last line to read "her class of user will never build kernels ever,
and would be aggressively disinterested in the possibility of doing so", and
you might be closer to the truth.

Aunt Tillie just DOESN'T CARE, OK? She can talk to her vendor if she gets
worried about whether her kernel supports the Flangelistic2000 SuperDoodad.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.348 / U:4.972 seconds]