    SubjectRe: [RFC] klibc requirements, round 2
    On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 09:16:21PM +0100, Juan Quintela wrote:
    > Hi
    > greg> To summarize, here's a partial list of the programs people want to run:
    > greg> - mount
    > greg> - hotplug
    > greg> - busybox
    > greg> - dhcpcd
    > greg> - image viewer
    > greg> - mkreiserfs
    > greg> - partition discovery (currently in the kernel)
    > greg> - lots of other, existing in kernel code.
    > I still think that fsck at this point will be great. You will
    > minimize the need to have the kernel special case for fsck the root fs
    > with respect to the rest of fs.

    The development sources for e2fsprogs will already work with diet
    libc. Unfortunately, diet libc doesn't do shared libraries, so
    resulting binaries are sufficiently big that I doubt they would be
    interesting for initrd and rescue floppy applications (which is why I
    tried the experiment in the first place).

    In any case, given that e2fsprogs is already portable to NetBSD and
    Solaris (the latter so I can run purify to catch memory errors), it
    shouldn't be particularly difficult to get e2fsprogs to run on some
    other alternative libc.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.023 / U:1.488 seconds]