SubjectRe: FC & MULTIPATH !? (any hope?)
On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 07:24, James Bottomley wrote:
> > > is there any hope of working combination of MULTIPATH with FC !?
> >
> > Yes. QLogic's newest 2200 HBA can do that. I don't know whether that is a
> > possible solution for your problem though.
>
> To clarify: This solution is being pushed by IBM. Unless you have a FASt
> array, you may not get help making it work from either IBM or Qlogic. You
> also need the 5.x qlogic driver which you can download from the IBM website
> (or from SuSE 7.3).
>
> > At the moment I am using raid option multipath but it's one way
> > street, when one FC connection dies it successfully switches onto
> > another FC connection but when that second dies aswell, mount point is
> > in a limbo, no switching back to first FC connection.
>
> I've tested the qlogic and it will switch to the secondary and back again on a
> FASt 200 HA.
>
> Although it was designed to work with the LSI Symplicity-4 AVT technology
> (which is what IBM FASt's OEM), there's a high degree of probability that it
> will also work with any array that the MD multipath driver also works for, so
> good luck.

I've been working with the multipath code. Trying to add functionality
to it. While I have not yet looked at this particular issue, if there
is interest I would be willing to see what can be done. I do not think
it would be a big deal to add the functionality to reactivate a dead
path. It should not be too hard to attempt to do so automatically.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.049 / U:0.460 seconds]