SubjectRe: initramfs buffer spec -- second draft

On 13 Jan 2002, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Which we are reusing for a different purpose. And because of that we
> become trustees of our version of the format. To make it clear that
> someone else defines how this format works a reference to the
> appropriate specification is called for.

We are using it for precisely the same purpose - to put a bunch of
files on a filesystem.

> The cases where initramfs will be used are some of the most operating
> specific cases I can imagine. To handle those cases it is necessary
> to support the full breadth of the capability of the operating system.

Huh? It's a bloody archive - collection of files and nothing else.
What "capability of the operating system"?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.054 / U:29.332 seconds]