SubjectRe: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable
> Tell me honestly that the idea behind this patch is not _crap_. You
> can only make this basic idea work if you patch a tremendous lot of
> those conditional_schedules() through the kernel. We already saw it
> starting off in some graphics drivers, network drivers. Why not just
> all of it? You will not be far away in the end from the 'round 4000 I
> already stated in earlier post.

There are very few places you need to touch to get a massive benefit. Most
of the kernel already behaves extremely well.

> So I understand you agree somehow with me in the answer to "what idea
> is really better?"...

Do you want a clean simple solution or complex elegance ? For 2.4 I definitely
favour clean and simple. For 2.5 its an open debate

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.253 / U:1.352 seconds]