    SubjectRe: strange kernel message when hacking the NIC driver
    > Let me clarify what I said earlier.  You cannot have
    > identical MAC addresses on two different NICs. Indeed,
    > it is impossible w/o trying to fool the kernel into
    > redefining the NICs hardware based MAC address.

    Wrong

    A mac address is per system. Now in fact almost all systems do it per ethernet
    card but that is not what the specifications guarantee. There are machines
    out there and cards out there which use the same MAC on all interfaces.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.021 / U:149.676 seconds]