SubjectRe: initramfs programs (was [RFC] klibc requirements)
Dave Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
>>We've also proved the DMI data is too unreliable to be used, so the entire
>>problem space is irrelevant
> That's not a problem, remember Eric volunteered to maintain the
> enormous black list 8-)

Surelly I will not maintain the DMI table!
It is already difficult to maintain the database of CPU.
The newer CPUs have name stored directly in CPU and no more
in kernel :-(

This is a call for help: how to write a table
Now I use Vendor/Name/Family/Stepping/, but
maybe with Vendor + flags (CPUID flags) the result
will be more correct?

Other suggestions?