    SubjectRe: [patch] Re: Framebuffer...Why oh Why???
    On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 04:41:19PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
    > X11 isn't always an improvement. I've got an X hang on my laptop (about once
    > a week) that freezes the keyboard and ignores mouse clicks. Numlock doesn't
    > change the keyboard LEDs, CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE won't do a thing, and although I
    > can ssh in and run top (and see the CPU-eating loop), kill won't take X down
    > and kill-9 leaves the video display up so the console that thinks it's in
    > text mode, but isn't, is still useless. (And that's assuming I'm plugged
    > into the network and have another box around to ssh in from...)

    I sometimes get a similar problem on my desktop when switching between
    text and X11 virtual consoles. Keyboard + mouse die (PS/2 counter
    becomes stuck according to /proc/interrupts). ssh followed by chvt
    helps.

    Marius Gedminas
    --
    Of course I use Microsoft. Setting up a stable unix network is no challenge ;p