SubjectRe: ATHLON HELP ME ON THIS PLZ!!!!
On Tuesday 01 January 2002 04:07 pm, Mike Harrold wrote:
> Actually, I'm interested in this as well. The only thing stopping me
> from buying a dual Athlon MP is the problems I keep reading about here
> on lkml. I don't want to spend the money only to have problems.
>
> So, if anyone is running dual Athlon MPs *flawlessly*, I'd appreciate a
> hardware listing (MB, Bios version, RAM type & manufacturer, etc.).

We have 8 running dual-Athlons which are basically Einux 1200s
(http://www.einux.com/A1200.html). We have our first pair of MP1700-based
systems going in this week, so I can't say much about those yet.

We had some trouble with a couple of bad boards from Tyan's first batch or
so. Also, more than 2 Kentron 256MB modules didn't work well together.
Those first couple weeks were rough, but we switched to 512MB modules and
they have been rock solid ever since.

The XP processors may or may not work, but I would have a tough time
justifying it to customers if we had system problems from us cheaping out
on unsupported configs.

-- Brian

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.082 / U:0.432 seconds]