SubjectRe: Linux Preemptive patch success 2.4.10-pre4 + lots of other patches
On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 01:35, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> Sorry, I thought that was self-evident. It's not a change, it's an option.

Oh, yes. It is completely an option -- although I would like to see it
be the norm :)

> Yes, violent agreement. OK, I disagree with your assessment that it's
> a huge change. Big in effect yes, but not in structural impact.

Right, actually I agree with you. That was my point about using SMP
lock points. Since it uses the existing structure for SMP concurrency,
the patch is small -- but its effects are pretty large. Its a fairly
big deal.

> And you're right, I did think you were arguing against your own patch.

No, but I had to take that approach as it was suggested the patch be
merged for 2.4.10!

I am glad you take a pro side to the preemption issue. Hopefully I can
get some continued support and see some work towards inclusion in 2.5.
Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Robert M. Love
rml at ufl.edu
rml at tech9.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.086 / U:0.276 seconds]