    SubjectRe: AIC + RAID1 error? (was: Re: aic7xxx errors)
    >Okay, I had it again today:

    You need to be running with aic7xxx=verbose for these messages to be
    useful. In the 6.2.2 driver release I've turned these messages on
    by default.

    >Kernel was 2.4.9ac9 with (new) AIC driver 6.2.1, compiled with "Maximum
    >Number of TCQ Commands per Device" set to 64.

    This is 8 times the tag load the old driver defaults to.

    >So I compiled the same kernel with the old AIC driver, and it works fine.

    Which may be due to a lighter load on the drive. Its hard to say without
    the verbose messages and the full dmesg for the machine. You're IBM drive
    may be running the "if I miss a seek, I fall off the bus" firmware where
    the bug is only triggered under high load. Send the dmesg output and we'll

    >I just guess when
    >saying that it seems to me that the driver developers were focused on
    >up-to-date cards but not the older ones.

    This isn't true.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.034 / U:2.708 seconds]