    SubjectRe: notion of a local address [was: Re: ioctl SIOCGIFNETMASK: ip alias bug 2.4.9 and 2.2.19]
    Andrey Savochkin:
    > You are missing my point.
    > Local addresses do not exist at all, there are no such entity in the physical
    > world.

    Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the real world. Welcome!

    An SMTP MTA is required to correctly recognize user@[ip.address]
    as local. That's the rules, like it or not. These address forms
    are actually being used, like it or not.

    It also is desirable for an MTA to treat clients on local subnets
    different than strangers that happen to be on the same class A,
    like it or not. Failure to do so can make one end up on black
    lists, like it or not.

    So, I repeat my request for *constructive* contributions on how to
    deal with these issues on Linux, when everything already works
    correctly for all other Postfix-supported systems, like it or not.

    Wietse

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.031 / U:149.824 seconds]