SubjectRe: Basic reiserfs question

On Thursday, September 06, 2001 04:56:59 PM +0400 Hans Reiser
<reiser@namesys.com> wrote:

> It seems that we should put something in journal replay that says:
>
> "Warning: replaying a non-empty journal, this means that either your
> system crashed, or its shutdown scripts need fixing (a common distro
> failing at the moment), or you pushed the power button. Don't use the
> hardware power button to turn your computer off before telling the
> operating system software to halt (there exists a 'halt' command you can
> use), the risk in doing so is that the files you or your software were
> writing to at the time you pushed the button can have garbage added to
> them."
>
> Chris, do you agree? Edward, please make this change and create a patch.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow this week, I caught a cold at linux world (apparently
the users are contagious).

Anyway, the text above is great for a man page. kernel messages don't take
more than one line ;-)

-chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.085 / U:0.312 seconds]