    SubjectRe: Multiple monitors
    Hi,

    Only now I read the whole tread about 'Multiple monitors' :))
    For console mode you can try my patch for mingetty (see
    http://ylabs.igreconline.com is working very well.. for example at my home
    I run a fbtv on another monitor and in another monitor I work) or you can
    try fbgetty . And for X use xinerama .

    Adrian Stanila
    P.S. is working for all combination of video cards. :))

    On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 sacx@zebra.sibnet.ro wrote:

    > Check the http://ylabs.igreconline.com ... Is a mingetty patch for
    > framebuffer .
    >
    > Adrian Stanila
    >
    > On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Simon Hay wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Apologies in advance if this is a question that's already been answered
    > > somewhere... I'm looking for a way to install multiple (or rather, two)
    > > PCI/AGP cards in a machine and connect a monitor to each one, and use
    > > them both *in console mode* - preferably with some nice way to say
    > > 'assign virtual console 2 to the first screen, and 5 to the second' -
    > > that way you could have one tailing log files, showing 'top', whatever.
    > > A quick search of the web/newsgroups turned up various patches that
    > > looked ideal, but a closer inspection revealed that they either relied
    > > on you having a Hercules mono card, or only applied against kernel
    > > <0.99, or both... I was just wondering if anyone's thought
    > > about/written a similar patch for more recent hardware/versions? I was
    > > using a console Linux machine running BB (ASCII art demo -
    > > http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/) just to attract attention to our
    > > stand today and was thinking it would be really neat to have one machine
    > > driving several screens...
    > >
    > > Simon
    > > -
    > >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.029 / U:91.632 seconds]