SubjectRe: pmap revisited
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> Gotta wrong results in my previous perftest... (slightly different
> environments), so these are to be sure that on low VM load there isnt
> any significant difference...

As expected, the current patch only modifies mechanisms and
leaves most policy the same. Under some loads there is a
difference, but under light VM loads the same-policy-more-info
replacement should indeed be pretty similar.

> Bonus: two bugs! :)
> 1. Quintela`s (shmtest of memtest) and pmap{2,3} == 100% instant deadlock
> plain ac12 demonstrates ignorance.

I'll try to reproduce that one when I get back home thursday.

> 2. Swapoff oops 100% - only in pmap3! (okay, swapoff of reiserfs
> to be strict, but i think that doesnt actually matters)
> swapoff oops will be in next mail.

This one is fixed. I'll be sitting inside a big tin can with
wings all day tomorrow, but thursday I'll try to post a new
version, hopefully with both these bugs fixed.

Thanks for testing the patch and pointing out the bugs!

regards,

Rik
--
IA64: a worthy successor to i860.