    SubjectRe: all files are executable in vfat
    On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Alexander Viro wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
    > > Don't know if you already did this with umask, but {umask dmask uid gid}
    > > probably make sense as per-mountpoint options rather than VFAT-specific
    > > ones.
    > OK, let me put it that way: we need to turn stat() into method call
    > rather than blind access to inode fields. Then all these problems
    > will be very easy to deal with. Variants of such patch exist and
    > there is no reasons preventing them that stuff in 2.4 (i.e. no
    > changes are required in filesystems), but it still needs more local
    > testing.

    Mmm.. all of the above are orthogonal options and yet still part of
    stat(), so it's not obvious to me how abstracting stat helps here. It
    seems you'd need something like stackable filters over a generic (or
    fs-specific) stat().

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.052 / U:7.416 seconds]