SubjectRe: Best gigabit card for linux
colin,

40 MBytes per second? that's not really very good for a gigabit card.
(32% of line speed). our experience with the 2.4 kernel (pre-zerocopy)
has been that we can get 99.3% (around 125 MBytes/sec) before cpu
utilization gets to 100%. this was using acenic's (now 3com but 3com
appears to not be selling them. sigh.).

todd underwood
todd@unm.edu