    SubjectRe: qlogic driver , 1Tbyte hard error
    On Sep 20, 2001  09:50 -0600, Eric Weigle wrote:
    > > The maximum supported file system size under Linux 2.4 is just under 1Tb.
    > > The scsi layer gets slightly confused a bit earlier with its printk messages
    > Is there any particular (that is, technical) reason for this? A few months
    > ago I hit this problem while building a RAID system for our group. We wanted
    > to do software RAID-0 over three hardware RAID-5 arrays (2 by 375G and one
    > 525G) and the kernel (2.4.6) had a hissy fit.
    > Given the relatively low cost of disk space ($5000/terabyte and on up, see
    >, is this something that will be supported
    > in the future?
    > If you point me in the right direction I'd be willing to look at this issue.

    There is a patch to allow 64-bit block devices - Ben LaHaise or Jens Axbow
    put it out about 2 months ago. I believe it fixes the SCSI midlayer,
    and a limited number of drivers. This is probably a good starting point
    (you may need to update the particular SCSI driver you are using).

    Cheers, Andreas
    Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
    \ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?" -- Dogbert

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.025 / U:1.228 seconds]